Main - Multimedia - Collectibles - Discussion Forums - People - Articles - Relatives
Misc. Pages:   Biography - Expanded Universe - Parody Songs - Humor
 

 

 

 
YodaJeff.com

News Archive

Multimedia
- Downloads
- Images
- Movies
- Sounds

Yoda Collectibles
- Ultimate Guide
- YodaJeff's Collection
- Interactive Yoda

Yoda People
- Frank Oz
- George Lucas
- Stuart Freeborn
- John Lithgow

Articles
- Making of Yoda
- Recipes
- Reviews
- Yoda's Biography

Yoda's Relatives
- Yaddle
- Even Piell

Interactive
- Guestbook
- Message Boards
- Send a Yoda Postcard
- E-mail Update List

Links
- Star Wars Sites
- Banners to Link to YodaJeff
- Awards Won

Misc. Pages
- Expanded Universe - Yoda
- Fan Fiction
- Games
- Prelude to Rebellion
- References to Yoda
- Yoda's Scripts
- Humor Pages
- Other Pages

Site Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact YodaJeff


Counter

A Dark Lord's Recollection (YodaJeff.com)

A Dark Lord's Recollection

By Michael Wieck


Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Palpatine, and Luke Skywalker are all property of George Lucas and Lucasfilm Limited. This document may not be re-posted without my written consent.

This story takes place about one year after the battle of Endor. It tells about a conversation between the spirits of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda in which Anakin retells the events that lead to the emperor's death through his eyes.


"I remember it" said the pale specter of Anakin Skywalker. "I remember it well. It was the day that my alternate self was destroyed." Anakin looked into the faces of Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi. "Tell us more of these things." said Obi-Wan. "Tell us the story through your own eyes."

"It had always existed. It was a small reminder of who I had once been - of what I had once had. It was the part of me that I so desperately tried to rid myself of. But it always remained. It was sympathy - a remnant of my past which had caused me a great deal of stress. I tried to deny it - deny its rightful place in my heart - but it remained. Growing eternally."

"Yes, yes. The light side remained," Said Yoda. "You considered it a hinderance, yet it saved you from certain despair." Anakin looked shamefully down at the ground. "I was a fool," he said. "To be taken advantage of. If only I had listened to you, Obi-Wan. You delved into the dark side and I saw your mistake, but yet I thought that power was the only important thing."

"Finish your story," said Obi-Wan. "I want to hear more of your return from the dark side."

"I had finally found the way to rid myself of the light side. If I could only turn my son to the dark side, it would be gone. That is what I thought. But strong in the force was my son. He came to me - he sensed the light side in me. But, ignorant as I was, I thought that Luke was the foolish one. I led him to my master. How was I to know that only I wanted my son I alive. Now I know that Palpatine had planned to kill my son, but then I couldn't sense his intentions."

"Deception, betrayal, and destruction are the nature of the dark side. Your master was simply using one of his many powers that he obtained through the corruption of the Force." Said Yoda, sternly. "I know that now," said Anakin. "I know that with the help of the dark side, a person can deceive many people. It was with this deception that Palpatine became emperor. Using his dark side powers, he influenced the weak-minded senators to view things his way." All three spirits paused for a moment. "How were you turned?" said Yoda. "How did you make the ascent back into the light?"

"I was injured. My master's plan was working. My son, who had come to pull me from the dark side, was now using his own inner darkness to destroy me. Using the powers of hate, fear, and aggression he cut off my robotic hand and nearly killed me. But then there was a hope for him - and for me. With the Force as his ally, my son denounced the emperor and took the title of Jedi Knight. You should have seen the proud look on his face as he awaited a response from the emperor. And that is when my master's anger exploded. With the power of the ancient techniques of the dark side, my master sent a wave of powerful lightning through my son's body. I don't remember my exact thoughts at that moment, but the pitiful shreaks of the arrogant Jedi Knight were horrifying. He screamed for help, begging for mercy. My thoughts were betraying me. Could I murder my own master? Without thought, without consideration, completely on instinct, I threw the emperor into the Death Star's endless shaft. Palpatine's control over me was broken. I was no longer Darth Vader, but Anakin Skywalker. That was the first time that I realized the atrocities I had committed, the betrayals I had masterminded, and the heartache I had caused."

"So now what think you of the dark side," Yoda said, almost yelling. "What have you gained through this corruption of the Force? Would you be one with the Force if not for that solitary act of good?" Anakin once again looked shamefully at the ground. "I was wrong," said Anakin. "My son was right. He saved me - I owe everything to him."

Obi-Wan, looking at his former student, replied. "If any dark Jedi could see the consequences of the dark side, they would turn from its path. But foolish are they, believing that they are right and that power is everything. I once thought as Vader did. I took a violent turn into the dark side for a while, but I was lucky. I saw the terrible things that it brought about. My family was nearly torn apart because of my actions." All three Jedi pondered this for a moment.

"Followers of the Force are very different in their own ways," said Yoda. "But the only clear difference is their goals - and their means to getting to those goals. Followers of the dark side merely use the Force as a tool to succeed in their plans, but to a follower of the light side, the Force is their entire existence. Unknown to followers of the dark side is that they will never be one with the Force as we are. A follower of the dark side must live with the hatred that he created for all eternity, just as you would have, Anakin Skywalker, if not for one deed in the light side."

 
YodaJeff's Yoda Page: Copyright 1997-2017 Jeff Kleinow (YodaJeff) (contact YodaJeff)
Use Policy   |   Yoda and other names are registered trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd.   |   (full Disclaimer)