Main - Multimedia - Collectibles - Misc. Pages - Discussion Forums - People - Articles - Relatives

YodaJeff.com

News Archive

Multimedia
- Images

Yoda Collectibles
- Ultimate Guide
- YodaJeff's Collection
- Interactive Yoda

Yoda People
- Frank Oz
- George Lucas
- Stuart Freeborn
- John Lithgow

Articles
- Making of Yoda
- Recipes
- Reviews
- Yoda's Biography

Yoda's Relatives
- Yaddle
- Even Piell

Interactive
- Guestbook
- Message Boards
- Send a Yoda Postcard
- E-mail Update List

Links
- Star Wars Sites
- Banners to Link to YodaJeff
- Awards Won

Misc. Pages
- Expanded Universe - Yoda
- Fan Fiction
- Games
- Prelude to Rebellion
- References to Yoda
- Yoda's Scripts
- Humor Pages
- Other Pages

Site Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact YodaJeff

Counter

Message #13 (YodaJeff's Yoda Page)

Message #13

Date: Jun 10 1999 01:54:03 EDT
From: YodaJeff's Yoda Page Update List <yodajeff@hotmail.com>
Subject: YodaJeff's Yoda Page Updates - June 10

30 members now - WOW!
Over 25,000 hits - WOW!

Webpage Update coming soon - I promise

Oh well, here's some updates and news!

Even Piell and Yaddle
This is to clear up some confusion (much like the below article). My Yaddle page says that Yaddle is pink, one-eyed, and floppy eared. This character is Even Piell. He also is a Jedi. Yaddle is green and looks kinda like Yoda except has hair and is half his age. I have a Yaddle picture, it's in one of the more recent update lists.

Yoda did train Obi-Wan Kenobi
This is to clear up some confusion (much like the above article). I have had a few e-mails and questions about the category of Yoda training Obi-Wan. "Was I any different when you taught me?" That is a line from Empire Strikes Back, with Obi-Wan's ghost speaking to Yoda. In The Phantom Menace, Qui-Gon Jinn trained Obi-Wan. The answer comes from yet another source, Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force by Dave Wolverton. In the book, Yoda is done with Obi-Wan's training at the Jedi Temple in Coruscant, and now they are trying to get Qui-Gon Jinn to take on Obi-Wan as a Padawan. So, Yoda did train Obi-Wan, it was before Qui-Gon trained him.

More Yoda magazine covers
GamePro #129 Collectors Cover 1 of 2
MAD Summer 1999
Cracked #336 August 1999
Starburst #249
StarLog Sci-Fi People Movie series #6 volume 1
Sci-Fi Teen #6 July 1999
TV Week May 29 - June 4 1999 Australia
I will have pictures of these next page update.

Packaged Episode I Yoda toy
SirStevesGuide.com has pictures of the Episode I Yoda toy carded. He has various poses and stuff so it's worth a look. It also has his 4 CommTech lines listed (not sound clips though).

More Episode I Yoda collectibles
Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force
Young Jedi CCG: Yoda card

Livin' la vida... Yoda?
I got an e-mail asking if I had the lyrics for the parody "Livin' la vida Yoda" of "Livin' la vida Loco" by Ricky Martin. I had never heard of Livin la vida Yoda before, and if anyone has more information, please let me know. I would appreciate, if possible, the lyrics. Or, a recording of the song (on computer or on a cassette), or just a sound clip would be appreciated. Thanks for anything. E-mail me if you have any more information. That brings me to a point, if you get a recording (any format) of anything related to Yoda, feel free to e-mail me and let me know, and I will figure out a way for the media to reach me (may include some $ for you!).

Contest revision and extention
Now, the contest is to create a whole new section for my page or something for a current section. For example, you could create a whole new section comparing Yoda to Miss Piggy, or write a Yoda fan fiction story for my fanfic section. The contest now ends June 19 unless few submissions are received. The prize will be worth at least $5, depending on the number and quality of entries. You can enter more than one piece of work, but make sure that it's original. In other words, don't copy something off of another site and send it to me. Create it, don't steal it. Entries are judged on quality, not quantity. Mail sumbissions to yodajeff@hotmail.com

Conspiracy update (Pepsi and Taco Bell / Pizza Hut / KFC)
The gold Yoda can has been found (unfortunately not by me), as with the caps saying "YODA YOU WIN $20." There are also Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Pepsi One can variations.<br> Before, I let you know that if you found the Yoda and Mace Windu tokens, you would win $1,000. Well, I was right, and Yoda is the rare one, so chances are you won't find one. Pizza Hut also has a Yoda cup topper available for purchase with a drink. It is pretty nice looking, and the cup is his body. The only problem that I had was the topper was a tight squeeze and took a few tries to get on. Pizza Hut also has a "Yoda's Jedi Destiny" toy where Yoda is in his Jedi Council chair. You turn it upside-down and he answers questions like a magic 8-ball.

Misc. Yoda sightings
In the first Pepsi / Star Wars commercial, the alien guy (Marsula or something like that) is closing his door, and he has a Yoda door knob. In the second one (he's playing with the cans), he holds a gold Yoda can, and (in a Yoda impersonation) says "Go you must." In one of the many Austin Powers 2 commercials, the narrator says "Yoda this!" as Austin throws "Mini Me." Yoda (Mini Me) gets his revenge though!

Pre-order Interactive Yoda "Furby"
http://www.411toys.com/furby.html#furby
Pre-Order a Interactive Yoda "Furby" here for $49.95 + Shipping and Handling. Note: I am not responsible if they cheat you out of your money.

That's all for now. Expect another issue sometime next week, and hopefully an update of my page soon. I'll keep all of you posted.

YodaJeff
yodajeff@hotmail.com
http://members.spree.com/yodajeff/

Return to the Archive

YodaJeff's Yoda Page: Copyright 1997-2011 Jeff Kleinow (YodaJeff) (contact YodaJeff)
Use Policy   |   Yoda and other names are registered trademarks of LucasFilm Ltd.   |   (full Disclaimer)