Main - Multimedia - Collectibles - Misc. Pages - Discussion Forums - People - Articles - Relatives

YodaJeff.com

News Archive

Multimedia
- Images

Yoda Collectibles
- Ultimate Guide
- YodaJeff's Collection
- Interactive Yoda

Yoda People
- Frank Oz
- George Lucas
- Stuart Freeborn
- John Lithgow

Articles
- Making of Yoda
- Recipes
- Reviews
- Yoda's Biography

Yoda's Relatives
- Yaddle
- Even Piell

Interactive
- Guestbook
- Message Boards
- Send a Yoda Postcard
- E-mail Update List

Links
- Star Wars Sites
- Banners to Link to YodaJeff
- Awards Won

Misc. Pages
- Expanded Universe - Yoda
- Fan Fiction
- Games
- Prelude to Rebellion
- References to Yoda
- Yoda's Scripts
- Humor Pages
- Other Pages

Site Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact YodaJeff

Counter

Message #10 (YodaJeff's Yoda Page)

Message #10

Date: Feb 22 1999 20:41:12 EST
From: YodaJeff's Yoda Page Update List <yodajeff@hotmail.com>
Subject: February 22, 1999 Updates and News

First off, welcome new members, I hope everyone remembers subscribing to my update list.

Ok, so it's been a month or two since I have last updated everyone. Not to mention my page. For those of you who don't know, TPM is an abbreviation for The Phantom Menace. For those of you who don't know what The Phantom Menace is, get out once and a while. Rumor has it that George Lucas (the man behind the dream) has had an advanced screening (even though the movie isn't complete) where he showed the movie to Steven Spielburg (director of ET, Lucas' best friend). Spielburg said it's "an instant classic." This can only be good news.

Now, my page will someday get updated more. I have 150 or so more pictures to add, which I hope to get up within the next few weeks.

Also, this may come out more often with news concerning Yoda and his involvement in TPM.

Here's some news to start everything out:

Pepsi WILL be the official soft drink of TPM. For those of you who don't know, Pepsi also owns Taco Bell, Pizza the Hutt, and Taco Bell. You know what that means? Many more collectibles. Pepsi has a catalog that they send to stores with Promotional items that they can purchase. One of these happens to be a life-sized Yoda (new version with hair and younger face) which is meant for store raffles in May. They are selling for $200, which is a great deal in my opinion. Also, in Pepsi boxes, there will be TPM related cans. There also will be a special gold Yoda can that will be inserted into a small number of boxes. If you find a gold Yoda can, you can redeem it for $20. Good deal, but I would keep one if I found it (rare item). The can has a image from ESB (Empire Strikes Back) instead of from TPM. Why? I don't know. Photo of the gold can coming soon.

Don't forget to save your money for all the new collectibles coming out in May. Also, now is a good time to buy any vintage (old) Yoda or Star Wars items. Prices may be high, but they'll only go up with the release of TPM.

Also, a Yoda prototype for the new TPM toy has been found and it looks good. It comes with a Jedi Council chair for him to sit in. Photos coming soon.

Lastly, Yoda was on the cover of the Sunday edition of the Los Angeles Times calendar section. It was an image from the Trailer. Photo coming soon.

**NOTE** The "Photo coming soon." means that I have a picture of the item, but it isn't up on my page yet. If you want to see the picture, e-mail me and I can send you a copy of the picture.

I also downloaded ICQ for my computer. My username is YodaJeff and my number is 31538139.

That should be it for now.
YodaJeff
yodajeff@hotmail.com
http://members.spree.com/yodajeff/

PS - A lot of this info came from Countdown to Star Wars at http://www.countingdown.com/starwars/ be sure to check out their site for all your TPM news.

Other sites for Episode I and Star Wars information:
http://www.theforce.net - New look, check it out
http://www.jedinet.com - Home of Prequel Watch
http://www.sirstevesguide.com - Many Episode I toy pictures (even some sound clips)

Know of another I should list - let me know!!

Return to the Archive

YodaJeff's Yoda Page: Copyright 1997-2011 Jeff Kleinow (YodaJeff) (contact YodaJeff)
Use Policy   |   Yoda and other names are registered trademarks of LucasFilm Ltd.   |   (full Disclaimer)